The following links provide more detailed information about Martin Niemöller and his famous poem:
- Wikipedia – Martin Niemöller Page
- Wikipedia – First They Came For Page
- What did Niemöller really say? Which groups did he name? In what order? – Extensive page written by Harold Marcuse professor of German history at the University of California, Santa Barbara which details the origins and variations on this poem.
- Who Was Martin Niemöller? – Another overview of the life of Martin Niemöller
- The Martin Niemöller Foundation in Germany – (in German)
- Spartacus Educational – Another extensive page that includes a biography of Martin Niemöller as well as some history about the different versions of the poem.
- Christian Ethics Today – More discussion on some of the versions of the poem that are in circulation and their validity.