[ Drilling Results
|| Artifacts Found ]
Here you'll find summaries of some of the vital information that is known about the Oak Island mystery. Hopefully this information will help you check your facts and theories.
Below you'll find information about some of the major drillings that have occurred on the island.
- Triton - 1967-1969
- Determined that bedrock layer was at 162 +/- 10 feet
- Between 172 and 224 feet found china, oak buds, cement, wood, and metal
- Found tunnels that were cut through bedrock - under 40 feet of bedrock
- Found 40 feet rock, inches of wood, layer of blue clay, inches of wood and 6-7 foot void
- Carbon date of wood - 1575 +/- 80 years
- Depression from 172 to 222 feet (beneath Hadden shaft) - 30 foot in diameter filled with layers of blue clay with small stone spaced at 18 inches!!!
- 186 feet metal and brought up piece of brass (high impurities)
- 212 feet brick-like material found - it had been fired
- Cement found - worked by man
- 210 feet hard metal hit
- Borehole X-10
- 140 feet found a 4 foot cavity
- 160 feet found a 4 foot cavity
- Bedrock at 180 feet
- 210 feet hit a 2 foot cavity
- 230-237 feet a cavity
- Handfuls of metal found at 165 feet - low-carbon steel - prior to 1800
- Spruce found at 155 feet
- 155 feet eight pieces of steel chain - Swedish steel made prior to 1790
- Wood at 180 feet
- Metal in several places above and below bedrock
- 660 feet north-northeast of the Money Pit - 1973 - p220
- 110 feet a 2 inch piece of wire - dated to 1500s to 1800s
- A solid metal plate
- There are future plans to excavate
Below you'll find a listing of the artifacts found, or allegedly found, on the island. Many of the artifacts have been lost and are known only through writings left by early searchers or writers.
- Copper coin, bosun's whistle, and iron ring bolt imbedded in a rock at Smith's Cover - 1795-1802
- Inscribed stone
- Gold links - 1849
- Remains of the old cofferdam
- Wood and end of a keg pulled out when the Pit collapsed
- Blue clay
- Anchor fluke of ancient design - 1931 - since disappeared
- Dump with thousands of broken pottery flasks
- Rock with "1704" inscribed on it.
- Nail, washer
- Scissors, heart stone
- Original cofferdam - logs 2 feet thick up to 65 feet long with Roman numerals marked on them.
- Nails and metal-straps
- Leather shoes
- 3 drilled rocks and ask piles analyzed to be burned bones!!!!!